Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Round #7

I went in yesterday and met with my oncologist. He said things were going well and that I was definitely responding to the chemo. This, of course, is good news.

It was a pretty uneventful round of chemo. My counts were a little low so they only gave me 75% of my normal dosage. Oddly enough, I -can- tell the difference. I don't feel as toxic as I have in the past.

Also, some of my normal side-effects aren't as prevalent as they usually are after chemo. The tingling in my fingers and toes isn't that bad, the metal taste in my mouth is only minor and I don't feel as fatigued.

I have one more round of chemo before my second colonscopy on August 3rd. I'm hoping that brings me some more good news.

I have to admit, since my diagnosis the majority of the news about how I'm responding and doing has been good. I hope it keeps up and I can be rid of this illness in a few more months.

No comments:

Post a Comment