Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Round #4

I started round #4 this morning with a digital rectal exam from the oncologist. He's a busy man and didn't even remember examining me the first time, which makes me wonder. But he reviewed his notes, stuck his finger inside me and said that the rectal tumor had definitely shrunk.

This was very good news and says that the chemo is working. I had suspected this all along as I was seeing improvements in my bowels and in other areas. I was happy but not completely ecstatic. I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's a cautious optimism.

I asked him about inserting a week between this treatment and the next one, but he said if it was just a matter of toxicity that he'd rather not. Of course, it's my body and my treatment and I have the right to do what I want -- but I'll stick with his advice for now.

It's Tuesday afternoon and I've been sleeping a lot. I have the pump with me and I just prefer to sleep when it's with me. Then I don't have to deal with it as much.

Time to go lay in my bed for another couple hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment