Sunday, April 5, 2009

Acceptance

It's been a few weeks since I've written and a lot has happened.

I met my oncologist and soon went in for a PET scan which showed no signs that anything had spread. All my organs look good and show no sign of metastases, which is good news. Of course better news would be "you don' t have cancer" but I'll have to wait a few months to hear that.

On Thursday I went in to get my portacath installed. It hurt a lot Thursday, requiring me to take three oxycodone in total (oxycodon + ambien = oh my). Today, Sunday, it's feeling fine and I barely notice it. If I turn my head certain ways I can feel the stiches but I suspect in a few more days when it's completely healed I'll forget it's there.

Monday I have a second appointment with my oncologist, which is when I'm guessing my chemo will be scheduled.

I'll be relieved once the chemo starts. I wouldn't say I'm looking forward to it but just that I'm looking forward to getting this all behind me. Someone wrote me an email reminding me that this is just a "6 month bump in the road". Six months isn't so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment