Saturday, April 18, 2009

Feeling Good

My first chemo wasn't too bad. If anything it was more psychologically draining than physically. Though, all I wanted to do Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday was sleep.

I had to wear a little fanny pack for three days (Mon - Wed) that was pumping 5FU into me for 46 hours straight. That was a little annoying and made me feel awkward and self-conscious. I essentially stayed inside for three days and did a lot of sleeping. The nausea wasn't too bad until Wednesday once the fanny pack was removed. I continued taking my Compazine (anti-nausea medicine) through Thursday but tried to use it sparingly since it makes me so tired.

By Friday I was feeling much better and today I'm feeling almost back to normal. I still have the tiniest bit of an unsettling feeling in my stomach but other than that I'm feeling fine. I was able to get out and run yesterday and today -- I miss running. Earlier today I was able to eat a meal until I felt full as opposed to the past few days where I was only able to eat until I felt sick.

Of course, chemo treatments supposedly get more difficult the further you get into it. I'm feeling good though and optimistic. I have 9 days until I have to go back (yes, I'm counting) and I'm going to try to enjoy those the most I can.

Love each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment