Friday, April 10, 2009

It's official

I start chemo on Monday.

I will be going in every other Monday for chemo (I'll be wearing a pump for three days, so I'll be going back on Wednesdays too, but only to have the pump removed) .

They want to do three cycles of chemo (six weeks) and then start me on chemo/radiation as long as I'm responding well. There was no mention how long the chemo/radiation would last, but I'm assuming another 3-6 cycles after. I think I'm still looking at surgery some time in June or July. Then some more chemo afterward and then hopefully all clear.

I'm nervous about Monday but I'm sure most of it is just the fear of the unknown. I'm also happy that treatment is about to get started and I'll soon be on my way to being cancer free. Even if I have to sacrifice my colon.

No comments:

Post a Comment